Thursday, March 26, 2015

Python GUI Which Library

Last night I downloaded wxFormBuilder and gave it a go.

OMG!!! where have you been my little pretty?

In two hours after some orienteering I was creating applications. Unbelievable.


The reason wxFormBuilder was so easy to use is because I taught myself how to program in Python (5 years), use Boa Constuctor (4 years), then XRCed (6 months) and wxFormBuilder (2 hours).

When I say taught myself, I mean there is limited documentation or online tutorials explaing how to use them. Not that that is a bad thing. It has served me well to develop the skills of learning how to learn. Most importantly thank goodness for Google search engine.

What is wxFormBuilder
wxFormBuilder is Boa Contructor and XRCed all built into one IDE application. Wow! I love it.

All night in my sleep I was using wxFormBuilder (dreaming). When  I woke up this morning, I wondered, why is tkinter the one and only GUI library that is shipped with Python?

What is Tkinter
Guess what I've started reading John E. Grayson's ebook Python and Tkinter Programming.


That's right, Tkinter. I never got to learn about Tkinter since 2010. The reason was, I didn't like the widgets on Windows.

But now I'm thinking, I've learned how to use Python, Boa Contructor, XRCed and wxFormBuilder is a sinch and they are all GUI builders. Why not have a look at Tkinter.

Why would I do that? To see why Tkinter was choosen to be part of the Python library and compare Tkinter to wxPython.

I will keep you posted.


Ask Questions give a Comment
I need some inspiration on what to write about. Please leave a comment and ask me some questions I can answer.

P.S. Just a thought. I'm still trying to find a way to fund my Python and wxPython research and addiction. Basically so I can stay alive. If you have any suggestions please leave a comment. I would really, really appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment